The Round Table meets for dinner the third Thursday of each month from September to May (except December when the meeting is usually the second Thursday in December).
SEE IMPORTANT MEETING PROTOCOLS BELOW
Cost: Paid members will not be charged a fee to attend meetings. Non-members, whether visitors, a member’s guest, or a member of a member’s family, may attend a meeting with one free admission. After attending one meeting at no-cost, non-members will be charged a $10.00 admission fee, or they can become a dues-paid member.
RESERVATIONS: Must be made by Monday preceding the meeting date.
For Dinner or Lecture Only Reservations: Email Barry Brueggeman at Reservations@HoustonCivilWar.com or call him at (281) 480-1130 by 6:00 PM the Monday preceding the Thursday meeting.
6:00 - 6:55 PM: "Dinner Hour"
7:00 - 8:15 PM: HCWRT Meeting
Meeting Agenda: Pledge of Allegiance, Guest Speaker with Q&A, ending with the customary HCWRT Agenda Items
For additional information: See our Speakers and Topics Page.
Beginning with the September 16, 2021 meeting, The Round Table meetings will be held at Rudi Lechner’s German Restaurant at
2503 S. Gessner Rd. Although well-known for their German food, Rudi’s also offers other choices of cuisines.
COVID-19 MEETING PROTOCOLS:
- All persons attending will wear a mask during the meeting. Please bring your own. A few extra masks will be available at the meeting.
- Dinner will be served in advance of the meeting. We ask all diners to arrive no later than 6:00 p.m. to be served in a designated area at our new venue, Rudi Lechner's, main dining room. Just say you’re with the Houston Civil War Round Table when being seated by Rudi’s staff.
- Diners will order from a regular menu, and will have their own tabs. Tabs need to be closed by 6:55 p.m. in order for attendees to be in their seats in the separate meeting room by 7:00 p.m. (sharp).
- The HCWRT meeting will begin at 7 p.m.
- Book sales and signings generally are at the discretion of the speaker.
- Meeting attendees will be seated in “classroom” fashion rows and chairs will be spaced for “social distancing".
- If you feel sick, have a fever, or personally feel you cannot abide by these requirements, we ask that you please stay home.
- We will continue to monitor our community Covid status and will make adjustments to our meeting protocols as needed. Please stay tuned for future meeting information.
- As our socially-distanced space in the meeting room is limited to some 30-35 spaces, it is imperative that attendees adhere strictly to the RSVP requirements shown in the upper left corner on the first page of our newsletter. Those who do not RSVP by the deadline and walk-ins will risk not being able to enter the meeting space due to lack of seating capacity.